Wednesday 15 October 2008

Did I miss out on getting my super powers?

I sometimes wonder whether I missed the queue for superhuman powers that most people seem to think are now the norm.

Cycling to work today it was clear that a large number of people think that the orange flashing lights at the corners of their cars are only for special occasions now that everyone is equipped with telepathy or prescience.

Other cyclists seem secure in shedding their reflective and high visibility clothing and the lights from their bikes now that infra vision is available to most of the general populace.

On the train people seem annoyed that I don't have heightened perception of the fact someone needs to get past me when they don't say excuse me or the ability to simply levitate out of their way instantly.

Can someone let me know where the super power late comers queue is? Or maybe how to get people to look at things from someone else's perspective than their own?

No comments: