Tuesday 24 February 2009

BT (Blooming Terrible) Customer Service?

BT provided an on-line storage service called Briefcase as part of my broadband package. Spookily I took advantage of it and uploaded a load of files. Today I got an email from them saying that they're discontinuing the service and that I need to move the files or they will be deleted. It's all fine they said as I could put them on their other storage service, BT Digital Vault. That won't be a problem then I thought. This is the 21st Century so of course they'll simply copy the stuff across for me. Nope. They're suggested "solution" is to download all the files from one service and upload onto the other myself. Now that's a bit crap but bear in mind that this also applies to people who have capped services so they'll be using up their data limits to move this stuff around 'cos BT don't want to support a service any more and can't be bothered to help their existing customers. Mmm...more effort on the customer service me thinks!

No comments: