Sunday 30 December 2007

pdo TopSkin

Having had the iPod a few days I began to realise I needed a way to carry it. It's not something I'd really feel comfortable putting in my trouser pockets (I've lost mobile phones when they've fallen out), so a case seemed sensible. There are a plethora of cases on the market and I was looking for one which allowed me to clip the iPod onto my belt. I hit on the TopSkin from pdo which is a flexible cover which slips over the iPod and has a belt clip on the rear. The case also comes with a screen protector.

The TopSkin is relatively unobtrusive in looks and operation although if you have any sort of dock I can see the flaps over the connector being a problem. The belt clip has a ratchet which allows it to rotate to accommodate different orientations on your belt but the clip isn't as easy to use as I'd like particularly when you need to slip iPod on and off your belt. The clip does seem like it might be prone to breaking and the flexible nature of the case means it isn't too ridgid but it is removable though.

At under £8 the case is relatively inexpensive and other than the concerns with the belt clip I'm reasonably happy with it. Time will tell if I can get happy with the belt clip.

No comments: