Saturday 26 April 2008

eyeTV R.I.P.?

Last weekend my eyeTV Hybrid started playing up following a reboot. It started by telling me that it wouldn't work if attached to a USB1.1 port (which I don't have) and finally gave up the ghost and stopped recognising that the device was there at all.

I tried everything I could think of, switching ports, leads, direct connection, via a powered hub etc. all to no effect. The problem is certainly not the USB ports as my T.264 and external USB hard drive are both functioning perfectly and were quite happy when swapped to the port the eyeTV was on.

I lodged a support ticket with Elgato but have yet to hear back. Needless to say I'm not a happy bunny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem.
Any reply received from Elgato?

Whisperin Al said...

As you may have seen from a later post I got a replacement eyeTV from Elgato. It was a bit of a pain having to wait but they didn't quibble and I got the eyeTV 3 software with it which was nice.