Friday 26 December 2008

Lobster Johnson: The Iron Prometheus

I have been a fan of Hellboy for a while now and one of my favourite supporting characters has been Lobster Johnson. Now the Lobster has been given a whole storyline to himself and having been lucky enough to get it for Christmas I sat down to read it yesterday. The story is clearly set in the Hellboy universe and Mike Mignola's style is clear throughout but he manages to give the story it's own distinct pulp flavour.

As always with these graphic novels I struggle to pace myself and tend to race through them (which is always a good indication of engaging content) and I finished this one this morning. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it rates very highly for me within the Hellboy and BPRD graphic novels I have. Recommended.

No comments: